- watch newspapers for typos--Trautretter should be Trautvetter (important when using digital newspapers)
- items were not always published right away (the announcement appeared two weeks after the marriage
- check all newspapers in the area--not just one (I originally had not looked in the Mendon newspaper)
- read between the lines ("Mrs. Ida Trautvetter" means that "Mr. Trautvetter" is somehow not in the picture)
- couples may go a distance to elope (Keithsburg was not a marriage mecca, either)
- couples may marry and go back to their parents' homes to live separately--at least for a time.
The couple in the wedding announcement are my paternal grandparents.