A few sample items that I've posted over the last few years:
- Surrendered Land Warrant for a War of 1812 veteran
- Bounty Land Warrant Application
- United States Consular Registration Certificates
- A Homestead Application that includes a naturalization
- Migration documented in a homestead application
- A War of 1812 discharge certificate obtained in a bounty land application
If you've only used local and state records in your search...you may be missing out.
I blog about the location and use of these items on my Rootdig blog--where you can subscribe to get blog updates in your email using the link in the upper right hand corner.