Sponsored By GenealogyBank

28 December 2013

Every Godparent, Every Sponsor

If your ancestral family were members of a denomination that practiced infant baptism, do you pay attention to the names of sponsors at the baptisms of family members? There's a good chance those sponsors are relatives.

This can be a good technique when researching new immigrant families in the area of settlement.

1 comment:

  1. I found this to be true, about 80% of the sponsors were siblings that I had no ideas about. I am still trying to determine the remaining 20%.