- Make certain of the courthouse's hours
- If you'll be using court records, in court in session a certain day of the week (which you may want to avoid)
- Can you bring a portable scanner, can you take digital pictures? What other options are there for making copies?
- What records can you access yourself and which ones have restricted access?
- Is there a local historical or genealogical society who may be able to give you specific research advice?
09 January 2011
Before Going to the Courthouse
As we eventually work our way into warmer weather, genealogists start to think of making research trips to far-off courthouses. Here a some quick thoughts before heading out (pre-planning is always advised):
Posted by Michael John Neill